Sunday 23 December 2012

Festive 500 2013

Its that time of year when I brush the dust off the blogg and start waffling (Norwegian pun intended) about my silly riding antics. I did actually complete the Rapha rising competition this year (and got the badge to show it) but didn`t document it on anything else than Strava and instagram......

Well,back to the festive. This year I`m not at all sure that I will make the 500, but i`m certainly going to give it a good hard try.

The weather conditions and amount of time my family can let me out on the bike will be the deciding factors. As with last year, I will be setting out on my trusty Cube cyclocross bike as early as my body can get out of bed.

Tomorrow is the first day and I would have liked to get out at 5 ish in the morning but the weather is forecast for a outright storm this evening and with a bit of luck should die down a little at around 6 am. and not that cold @ - 2 Celsius.



The plan is to ride as far as I physically can in 4 hours. In the summer that would mean somewhere between 100-130km`s. However, tomorrow I will be lucky if I can rack up 15-20km`s an hour depending on how busy the snow ploughs have been during the night.






Conditions at the moment are, as mentioned snow storm with about 4-6ft of new snow and approx a a foot of snow on the roads.


No comments:

Post a Comment